Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July BBQ

My friend Jill (whom I've collaborated with for the MMCC - Wine Tasting & Seal Day) had a July 4th BBQ full of good friends, food, fun, and a little alcohol. :)  My husband and I were in charge of desserts and I took the opportunity to try out something new I discovered on the Hostess with the Mostess blog.  The Stars & Stripes Cheesecake Shots is a recipe by Carrie of Half Baked.  These were super easy and tasted great!  I'm hoping to try these again next weekend for another party!

I did more cookie pops made with Chips Ahoy and this time Orange Cremesicle Oreos.  I also added labels to all of the desserts with July 4th & American Comic Book themed names like Wonder Woman Cookie Pops & Captain America Marshmallows. 

I had a mini "accident" and dropped the tupperware carrying everything.  Mostly everything survived, but the cupcakes really took the worst hit.  Good thing I made 48!  And left 1 thing of tupperware in the car for my husband to bring in after he parked the car. 


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment